Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Changi Follow up

As was explained in an earlier post we had a little trouble at the Singapore Changi airport. So while Sam was off gallivanting around with immigration officers Jon and Atticus were (as was mentioned earlier) befriending the folks at the immigration desk. I don't recall if this was before or after we received the giant bag of candies (which we will probably have when we go back through in a year), but at some point they handed us a comment card to fill out. I decided to fill it out and leave extensive comments since I had 10 or so hours to kill (and I thought maybe I could get a free meal out of it). After Sam returned I gave the card back to the guards and sort of forget about it. Then just a few days ago I was checking my email and noticed an email from Changi Airport management. I have Pasted the email below for your enjoyment.

Dear Mr Jonathan Christiansen

Thank you for your feedback which we received on 25 August 2009.

We are happy to know that you have rated us well on the various
aspects of the airport facilities and services. We are pleased to know
that our staffs were very helpful to you. Your compliments will
certainly motivate them to provide better service to other passengers
as well.

With regards to your feedback on immigration rules being unclear, we
will convey your feedback to the Immigration Checkpoints Authority
(ICA) so that they can carry out a review of the current process.

At Changi Airport, we make continuous improvements to ensure that our
passengers have an enjoyable experience during their visits here.

Yours Sincerely

Normaya Ismail
Airport Management Executive
Airport Operations

I have to say I am pretty impressed that they sent an email addressing the specific things I brought up in the comment card and furthermore said they would carry out a review of the current process. Now we are just waiting to hear about our free Singapore tour (or free meal)…

Written in the middle of our nightly blackout aka loadshedding

No comments:

Post a Comment